Order of Omega
Order of Omega is a national leadership honor society that was founded in 1959 at the University of Miami. Order of Omega has over 500 chapters in North America that recognize students for their scholarship, leadership, character, and service to the Greek, campus and local community.
The Purpose of Order of Omega is:
To Recognize fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in Greek activities, to Encourage them to continue along this line, and to Inspire other to strive conspicuous attainment;
To Unite outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
To Bring Together members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help Create an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
The Omicron Phi Chapter at Kennesaw State University was chartered April 1, 1996. As the Greek community has expanded in the past few years the chapter has also grown, inducting over 50 students since 2013. Order of Omega is an organization that promotes service and scholarship at the University and in the local community. Students selected to Order of Omega must have a grade point average significantly above the all-Greek GPA and have evidence of exemplary service to their organization, the University, and the local community.
Joining Order of Omega
The Omicron Phi Chapter welcomes applications for membership each semester. In order to apply, applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have been enrolled for a minimum of one full academic year at Kennesaw State
- Must be an undergraduate student in Junior or Senior academic standing (at least 60
- Must rank academically above the All-Greek average.
- Must be in good standing with your chapter.
Applications can be found on the Order of Omega Owl Life Page.
- Please check back in the Fall Semester for more information about application deadline and initiation date.
- Must have been enrolled for a minimum of one full academic year at Kennesaw State University