Sigma Gamma Rho
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. was organized on November 12, 1922 in Indianapolis, Indiana by seven young educators: Mary Lou Allison Little, Dorothy Hanley Whiteside, Vivian White Marbury, Nannie Mae Gahn Johnson, Hattie Mae Dulin Redford, Bessie M. Downey Martin and Cubena McClure. The group became an incorporated national collegiate sorority on December 30, 1929, when a charter was granted to Alpha chapter at Butler University.
Soaring To Greater Heights Of Attainment Around The World, Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority,
Inc., as a leading national service organization, has met the challenges of the day
and continues to grow through Sisterhood, Scholarship and Service
- Colors: Royal Blue and Antique Gold
- Mascot: French Toy Poodle
- Moto: Greater Service, Greater Progress
- National Founding Date: November 12, 1922
- Chapters Founding Date: April 6, 2009
- Website: ksusgrho.wix.com/ksusgrho
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sigma Alpha Events and Philanthropies: Hands on Atlanta, March for Dimes, Day in the
Life of the Founders, Work out Wednesday, Study with a Sigma, Punch with the Poodles,
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc.
- National Events and Philanthropies: Project Reassurance, Youth Symposium, Operation Big Book Bag, A3 for Life