Delta Sigma Theta
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated was founded on January 13th, 1913 by 22 students at Howard University. These young women wanted to use their collective strength to promote academic excellence, to promote scholarship, to provide support to the underserved, educate and stimulate participation in the establishment of positive public policy and to highlight issues and provide solutions for problems in their communities.
The Sigma Epsilon Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated was chartered
on the campus of Kennesaw State University on February 25th, 1995. The Charter members
were inducted into the illustrious sisterhood on February 18th, 1995, and thus began
the journey of the Charter members to mobilize the ideals for which Delta Sigma Theta
Sorority, Incorporated was founded. Sigma Epsilon has been able to uphold the ideals
of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. through the successful implementation of programs
that address each area of the Five Point Programmatic Thrust. Most recently, Sigma
Epsilon has sponsored 60 Seconds to Success, Stop the Traffick, I’m a Survivor: Breast
Cancer Awareness, Politics 101, What NOT to Wear, and Ballin’ On A Budget.
- Colors: Crimson & Cream
- National founding date: January 13th, 1913
- Chapter's charter date: February 26th, 1995
- Chapter's annual events/ philanthropies: Sigma Epsilon Welcome Tea, Habitat for Humanity,
Breast Cancer Awareness, AIDS Awareness, Adopt-a-Mile, Voters Registration, Delta
Days at the State Capital, Delta Days at the Nation’s Capital, Santa’s Workshop and
DST Against Obesity.
- National philanthropies and programs: American Heart Association, St. Jude’s Children’s
Hospital, Delta Academy, Delta Gems, Delta Days at the UN, EMBODI, The Delta Foundation,
Financial Fortitude, Healthy Lifestyle, Mary Help of the Sick Mission Hospital and
- Website: www.deltasigmatheta.org
- Chapter's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motto: “Intelligence is the torch of wisdom.”